These chocolate oreo cupcakes contain a sweet centre with a crunchy frosting.
To find out how to bake 8 of these sweet treats, have a read below…
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: Makes 8 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
For the buttercream:
- 6 crushed oreos
- 90g unsalted butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 25ml milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with 8 muffin cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together using an electric whisk, until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder and then fold it into the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients well and add the milk.
- Divide the mixture between the cases. I used an ice-cream scoop to evenly spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Using a food processor crush the oreo cookies. Alternatively, place the biscuits in a bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together using an electric whisk.
- Pour in the milk and stir.
- Fold in the crushed oreo cookies.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the buttercream onto the cakes (for these cupcakes I didn’t use a piping bag but used a knife to swirl on the icing).
- Place half an oreo cookie in the centre of the cupcake and sprinkle leftover cookie crumbs onto the cakes.
(Adapted from: BBC Good Food, Oreo cupcakes: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/1871966/recipe/oreo-cupcakes)