These delicious cupcakes contain a sweet vanilla base, topped with a pink sugary frosting, which are perfect for any occasion!
To find out how to bake 12 of these sweet treats, have a read below…
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g butter
- 110g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
For the icing:
- 140g butter
- 280g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp pink food colouring
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and add in the milk until the mixture is of a dripping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a bowl until soft, and mix in half of the icing sugar.
- Add the remaining icing sugar with 1 tbsp of the milk, adding more milk if necessary.
- Add the food colouring and stir the mixture until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle, and pipe the icing using a spiralling motion onto the cupcakes.